Children are growing up thinking that marriages are not meant to last because so many professional footballers have high profile affairs. Many football players probable would not even realize the influence they have on children, who see them as role models. Being a professional football player does not differ much from a pop star. When they have marriage scandals, they will end up all over the tabloids and the internet. The government is going to work together with the Football Association to limit the damage that the infidelity will have on the future marriages of millions of fans. Football players are creating ‘norms’, because they live in such a media influenced world, where secrets are not safe and where they perceive that having an affair is normal and marriage that lasts is something even the most successful people on earth cannot aspire to.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/8210659/Footballers-make-adultery-seem-normal-to-boys.html
I think it is horrible how little attention is paid to setting an example to children. Not only football players who are in the media world, but also the most normal couples and normal households are not aware enough of the vulnerability of children. People get divorced so easily these days. Affairs are normal, almost necessary to prevent an unexciting life. I wonder what they will do exactly to prevent children from exposure. Most children have access to internet and other media every minute of the day. Are they not already too late by thinking of it? I think the damage is already done and cannot be taken back. It simply is not possible to take every single child into therapy. I think the slightest chance of breaking with the future can be to show that marriages do last. I wonder if that is ever going to happen.
No comments:
Post a Comment