David Cameron and George Osborne will insist today there can be no turning back from their economic strategy and deep spending cuts despite growing fears of a double-dip recession. There are no short cuts to a better future, and that is why England has to go through so much trouble. England must be ‘transformed’ to a new model of sustainable growth, and this process requires painstaking work and time. To turn around now would only cost more money that would have to be raised elsewhere. In today's speech, Mr. Cameron will soften his previous claim that Britain is out of the "danger zone". He will warn that it will not be easy to transform the country's economy but will insist: "Those who argue that dealing with our deficit and promoting growth are somehow alternatives are wrong.”, he said.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/cameron-and-osborne-no-uturn-on-economy-2196696.html
I understand England is going through a rough economical time, but I do not understand why politicians can react so lightly about it. Everything has become more expensive while everyone also gets less money. I do not think there are the comforting words the people actually need. I think power and stubbornness also has some impact on why nothing is going to be changed. There was a lot of comment on the cuts and when they see it is not really paying off, they are too scared and stubborn to change a few things. I realize I do not know anything about cutting budgets, but I do know that you have to keep the people certain of a better future. As leaders of the country you have to give them the hope to endure this bad situation.
No comments:
Post a Comment